How long will Putin hang on to power? I Inside Story
He’s Russia’s longest-serving leader since Soviet dictator Josef Stalin.
And if you are a Russian and you are under 20, you’ve never known another leader.
His critics fear he’s preparing to be ‘president for life’.
The 67 year old has backed a constitutional amendment to reset his presidential term count to zero, allowing him to run in another two elections.
The lower house of parliament passed the legislation on Tuesday.
And Russians are due to have their say in a constitutional referendum next month.
The amendments are the latest in a choreographed process that began in January.
Putin argues staying in power after his term ends will be good for Russia.
But how convinced are his critics?
Presenter: James Bays
Viktor Olevich – Center for Actual Politics
Sergei Guriev – Professor of economics, Paris Institute of Political Studies
Daragh McDowell – Russia analyst, Verisk Maplecroft global risk consultancy
Subscribe to our channel
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Facebook
Check our website:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- CÁCH LÀM TÀU HŨ TRÂN CHÂU ĐƯỜNG ĐEN I TÀU HŨ LẠNH SINGAPORE I PUDDING ĐẬU NÀNH MÁT LẠNH MỀM MƯỢT
- Thương Về Miền Trung – Thu Hà | Vòng Loại Trực Tiếp Tập 13 Giọng Hát Việt Nhí 2017
- Cục Thi hành án dân sự tỉnh Vĩnh Long triển khai nhiệm vụ năm 2020
- Muzan Arc Is Over! Kimetsu No Yaiba:Demon Slayer Chapter 203 Review
- Trận mưa đá khủng khiếp tại Cao Bằng ngày 23/04(MỘC TV)