Just a one-hour drive from Vancouver, Abbotsford is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities. It’s an urban center in the Fraser Valley, with majestic Mount Baker in the background. With its low population of international students (less than 2%), Abbotsford offers a uniquely Canadian study and homestay experience that showcases both urban and rural Canadian life.
– Population of over 136,000
– Local industries include horticulture, education, aviation and fruit farming
– More than 200 restaurants featuring a variety of international fare like west coast Canadian, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, Greek, Mexican, Indian, Italian, Thai and Chinese food
– Local activities include skiing, mountain-biking, white water rafting, golf, farm tours, go-karting, mini golf and water slides
– Amenities include a modern hospital, two shopping malls, VIP Movie Cineplex, an airport, the University of the Fraser Valley and the Tradex, where many concerts, trade shows and sporting events are hosted.
– Local events include the Abbotsford International Airshow and the Berry Beat Festival
– Average temperatures range from 7 degrees Celsius in winter to 24 degrees Celsius in summer